Monday 23 May 2011

My Weekend

Well It's Monday and I'm suffering from what can only be described as cyclists hangover. Ah, but wait. I've not told you my real passion in life have I? Mountain biking, road biking.....I've been in love with it for half my life and cannot see that changing. There was a time I lived, worked and breathed them. Ok, now that I work as a librarian I don't spend my time working with bikes but enjoy my own. I often commute to work, only twelve miles, but it keeps my legs going.

So what did I do yesterday? Well yesterday I took my mountain bike up with a couple of friends to beautiful Scotland. Glentress to be exact. It rained, it was windy at times and not always warm. It didn't put us off though and nor did it put off many others. You see it offers some great climbs, if too many, but fantastic desents. The best in this country. You can't but smile and for five hours nothing else matters. Ok I'll avoid going all religious on you but its just a great feeling.

The next day, however, is one where I suffer for all my efforts! I ache from head to toe. It is as always worth it though.

Most of the other time I spent with my family. My wife Helen and my son Jake and Daughter Erin. Think all in all a perfect weekend. Happy days

Hope lifes good for you :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

0 comments:

Post a Comment