Friday 17 June 2011

What Next?

Well here I am Saturday evening, on my laptop with the TV on in the background for company pondering not only my visit to my bed but also what to do with my art stuff next.

Well this is the plan: I'm going to tackle one of my sketches showed on here earlier on with the titan invading a mountain base.  Think this maybe a good challenge in scenery for me and something a bit different again.
After that I'm going to start on my graphic novel (never thought I'd say that).  Well that's the plan.  Currently I'm borrowing books left right and centre from my library about not only drawing, inking and colouring comics but also writing them.  I like to throw my self fully at these things, which will either work or crash and burn horribly when I realise I can't either draw, ink, colour or write. Or worse, all of them!  Still while I am thinking up characters, plot and all that Jazz, I'm going to do a concept cover piece.

This is my idea so far.  Based on a hardened world where people are brought up on war, poverty, from various species and races (I like orks, dwarves, and elves ok!) people live and thrive on the game of blood bowl.  Watched by the masses their blood lust is similar to that of those Romans who watched gladiators fight.  The game blood bowl is similar in some ways to American football just without the rules and brutal to play.  The plays are rarely people who want to play but rather criminals, slaves who are forced into the game.  Our hero is one such character playing to win the game, aiming to survive his harsh life a secret love, and above all conquer the blood bowl pitch so he can gain his freedom.

Probably far fetched.....a bit Tolkien meets gladiator in America!  Its still all an idea but I'm going to run with it and see firstly what pictures I can produce.  Anyway that's enough ramblings from me tonight, think my bed is in order :)

Oh and on a happy note.  Welcome to my blog Katy, aka 'kovah' :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment